Zonta Club of St. Louis Women’s Another Chance Scholarship
The Women’s Another Chance Scholarship Program (WAC) provides scholarships to single mothers over the age of 24 who are committed to the pursuit of post-high school education and/or training. The scholarship provides financial aid for tuition, books, lab fees, and other classroom supplies.
As important as the financial assistance is to each student, additional encouragement and support are provided by a mentor. Each scholarship recipient is assigned a volunteer mentor from the local Zonta Club. Mentors develop a supportive relationship with their students. They provide encouragement and advice while making sure each student is meeting the requirements associated with the scholarship. Mentors help students utilize the resources available from other Zonta Club members and the larger community.
• Must be 24 years of age or older.
• Must be a female single parent and head of household.
• Applicants must live in the Missouri counties of Franklin, Jefferson, St. Charles, St. Louis, or the City of St. Louis and the Illinois counties of Madison, Monroe, or St. Clair. Students must attend a school within a 50-mile radius of the city limits of St. Louis.
• Must demonstrate financial inability to attain further education/training without the Scholarship.
• Must be a legally single parent of at least one child and must be the parent who has the sole responsibility for rearing the child or children.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED.
• Must already be enrolled in an accredited, nonprofit post-high school program with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
• Graduate students are not eligible for this scholarship.
Finalists for this scholarship will be required to participate in an in-person interview. Students who are awarded scholarships will begin receiving funding in June. The scholarship is provided by the Zonta Club of St. Louis. Zonta is an international service
organization of executives in business and the professions committed to improving the status of women.