Zonta Young Women in Public Affairs (YWPA) Award
The goal of the Zonta International Young Women in Public Affairs (YWPA) Award Program is to encourage young women to participate in public affairs by recognizing a commitment to the volunteer sector, evidence of volunteer leadership achievements, and a dedication to empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy.
In order for more women to be represented in key decision making positions worldwide, we must encourage young women to pursue careers or seek leadership positions in public policymaking, government, and volunteer organizations and further their education with these aims in view.
Public affairs’ refers to all aspects of community life where decisions have to be made about issues that relate to and affect those communities in which people work and live.
By recognizing the commitments of pre-university women students, aged 16-19 years, to serve in their communities and leadership achievements, we acknowledge a commitment to the advancement of the status of women worldwide. The Zonta Club of St. Louis award $1,000 to one student at the local level.
Applicants must be:
• Age 16-19 on March 1, 2021.
• A resident of the Missouri counties of Franklin, Jefferson, St. Charles, St. Louis, or the City of St. Louis and the Illinois counties of Madison, Monroe, or St. Clair.
Applicants also must:
• Have an active commitment to volunteerism.
• Have experience in local government, student government, or workplace leadership (paid or unpaid).
• Demonstrate volunteer leadership achievements.
• Have knowledge of Zonta International and its programs.
• Support Zonta International’s mission of empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org