Member Spotlight – August 2021
Kay Moss joined the Zonta Club of St. Louis in 1996 and has been actively contributing to the club’s success ever since:
- Director – Status of Women, 1997-1999
- Director – Finance, 2000-2002
- Club President, 2002-2004
- District 7, Area 02 Director, 2004-2006
- Director – Finance, 2006-2008
- MPS Committee Chair, 2011-current
- Vice President, 2017-2019
- Club President, 2019-2021
- Kay has also served as a committee member for Community Grants, Membership, Yellow Rose, Individual Enrichment (IEA) and the Sharon Carmody Award for Individuals with Disabilities. She has served as a ZI District Foundation Ambassador.
Kay was introduced to the Zonta Club of St. Louis by her Zontian friend, Anne Anderson. Anne’s persistence in inviting Kay to club meetings and events paid off. Kay won a Breckenridge “condo for a week” during a Zonta Fashion Show fundraiser. She decided to join the club. IT WAS A SIGN!
Kay served with the original group, headed by Rachelle Reeg, who interviewed Anita Walker with Merchandise Pickup Service (MPS). MPS wanted to use the Women’s Another Chance program to promote their clothing donation pick-up service. MPS sells and recycles donations and donates money back to charities based on the clothing donors preference. There were several meetings and discussions as to the pros & cons but it was adopted and has become our main source of funding for our WAC program.
Kay also had a hand planning the first North American Inter-District (NAID) Meeting. Kerry Dixon (Zonta E-1 Club) was District 7 Governor in 2003 when she formed a committee that included Kay and Anne Anderson. They, as Kay put it, “Worked their butts off” putting together the first NAID Meeting held here in St. Louis. The Belleville, IL club (now Mascoutah) helped to get everything ready as well. The meeting was such a success that it continues today!
Besides devoting her time to family and Zonta, Kay loves to travel. She has traveled extensively: Germany, France, Holland/Netherlands, Spain, Peru, Portugal, Malta, and the Bahamas. She loves the Christmas cruises, and she is planning a current cruise along the Nile and visiting Egypt!
Check out Member Spotlight – January 2021
Check out Member Spotlight – February 2021
Check out Member Spotlight – March 2021
Check out Member Spotlight – June 2021